The Ebon Empire
Totem Dragon Attunement
At 3rd level, upon choosing this primal path, you must choose a draconic type that suits your alignment-and this shapes your progress through this path:
- Gold, Brass and Red gain the cantrip firebolt and resist fire damage
- Silver and White, gain the cantrip ray of frost and resist cold damage
- Bronze and Blue gain the cantrip shocking grasp and resist lightning
- Copper and Black gain the cantrip acid splash and resist acid
- Green gain the cantrip poison spray and resist poison
The cantrips gained from attunement may be cast even while raging. Constitution is the spellcasting ability for these spells. While raging, your melee weapon attacks deal additional damage of your draconic type equal to your Rage Damage bonus. This damage stacks with the usual rage damage bonus.
Lay on Hands
At level 6, you have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your barbarian level x 5. As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool. Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one. This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.
Enhanced Draconic Attunement
At level 10, you gain a bonus spell that is dependent on your totem dragon. This spell may be cast at the third level without spell slots and material costs, even while raging, a number of times equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum once) before taking a Long Rest. At level 17, they may be cast at the fourth level. Constitution is the spellcasting ability for these spells:
- Gold, Brass and Red gain the spell burning hands
- Silver and White, gain the spell ice knife (Elemental Evil)
- Bronze and Blue gain the spell witch bolt
- Copper and Black gain the spell chromatic orb (must cast as acid when using this feature)
- Green gain the spell ray of sickness
You also gain a breath weapon while raging, which varies based on your chosen draconic type. It deals 4d6 of the given damage. At level 17, this increases to 5d6. Targets make a saving throw against your breath weapon, and take full damage on a failed save, and half damage on a successful one. This saving throw is made against a DC equal to 8+CON mod+ Proficiency Bonus. If you have a natural breath weapon, (such as in dragonborns) all breath weapon features allow you to roll d8s for damage, as long as they are of the same type. You may use it once per rage. At level 20, you may use it a number of times equal to your Constitution Modifier (minimum once) before finishing a short rest.
- Black/Copper 5′×30′ line (Dex) Acid
- Blue/Bronze 5′×30′ line (Dex) Lightning
- Brass 5′×30′ line (Dex) Fire
- Gold/Red 15’ cone (Dex) Fire
- Green 15’ cone (Con) Poison
- Silver/White 15’ cone (Con) Cold
At level 14, you gain the ability to sprout a pair of dragon wings from your back, gaining a flying speed equal to your current speed. You can create these wings as a bonus action on your turn. They last until you dismiss them as a bonus action on your turn. You can’t manifest your wings while wearing armor unless the armor is made to accommodate them, and clothing not made to accommodate your wings might be destroyed when you manifest them. You also gain an immunity to your totem dragon’s damage type.